While Darjeeling town itself is a bit crowded, the Darjeeling Hills present wide open spaces for your holiday. Who knows, inspired by you fabulous holiday takes and photographs, your children and grandchildren might visit in the future. We would like them to find the charms of the Darjeeling Hills and the DHR still intact.
You can help:
- Please be environment conscious
- Respect local culture and customs. Ask before pointing your camera at a face.
- Do not throw plastic mineral water bottles, plastic food packaging and other non-biodegradable waste out of the train, bus or taxi or by the wayside. Carry them to public rubbish bins or back to your hotel for safe disposal.
- Water is a scarce commodity which has to be conserved. The water you use in your hotel has probably been brought up great distances by trucks from natural spring sources. Follow instructions of your hotel on water usage.
- Remember that all water sources and springs are treated as holy sites. Do not litter or defile these areas.